Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Church History

Last night I finished reading a biography on Pres. John Taylor. It was a very long book, and took me awhile to read. However, I learned so much. The early pioneers were so faithful, and full of so much conviction of the truth. I have heard all the stories about Joseph Smith, and the pioneers who traveled across the planes. However, the early settlers of Utah were tested just as much (in my opinion).
My favorite thing about reading this biography was all the little insights I got on his life. The last few years of his Presidency he spent in exile, due to government pressure concerning polygamy. He was a very inspirational man who never lost trust in God.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I've never ever read a biography of anyone and need to do so! This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a good one! I've been learning more about the saints that came out here as well and I agree that they were tested quite a lot too. I just might have to read this biography :)

    ReplyDelete