Monday, September 14, 2009

Media Impact

Tonight I sat down with my husband for a few minutes to watch "Everybody Loves Raymond". It is one of our favorite shows to watch together. I think it is so funny, and it really relaxes us after a long day.
However, I started thinking about this media and how it might have an impact on my family. I thought about our class discussions, and wondered if the sarcasm and rudeness sometimes portrayed in this show ever transfers into my own home. For me, I think the hardest thing about the media is that some of my favorite things to watch aren't perhaps the best influence on my home environment. It is something I am going to think about more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Perhaps you just have to step back and decide whether a few good laughs are worth all the negative tones and communication in that show (& others). After all, those kinds of things rub off on us whether we realize it or not. Plus, wholesome and kind laughs can be found many other places :)

    ReplyDelete