Saturday, September 26, 2009

Miss Evers

Last Thursday evening, I watched a movie with my husband for his Business Ethics class entitled "Miss Evers". The main character (Miss Evers) faces a moral dilemna, and the movie really made me think about what I would do if I were in her shoes.
As a nurse, she was invovled in a situation where the doctors informed her of an experiment they were performing on African American patients to treat Syphilis (a disease). She was told that the experiment would increase knowledge on how to treat the disease, and would also raise money for a cure for these patients. However, year after year went by, and they never treated the patients....
It is quite a complex story, but I actually really enjoyed it. If you are looking for a movie that will make you think, this is a good pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment