Thursday, November 12, 2009

Change

Today I was in class, and my teacher made a comment that made me stop and think. She said that so much has changed in technology since she was a student at BYU. She commented on how easy it is for us to use computers in a classroom setting now. That made me start thinking about how true her statement was. Then I wondered, "where will the media be when my own children are attending school at a university? To stay connected, one must keep up on the current media use.

1 comment:

  1. I think about that a lot as well - the media my children will use. I was talking to a girl in my ward yesterday and we discussed how media has made us feel entitled to downloading information. When your teacher came here she probably had to actually look up journals and books and read them to learn the information she needed for research projects, etc. Now I can just go to PsychINFO, type in a few words and have thousands of artcles pop up for me to skim. I don't have to work to learn the same way people used to. Sad.

    ReplyDelete